Fixed: Why is My Netgear Extender Not Working?
Why is my Netgear extender not working? Are you in this doubt?
You are not able to stream videos because your Netgear WiFi extender is not working?
Well, don’t be fret, folks! You are on the right web page. Here you will get familiar with all the reasons that make your Netgear extender stubborn. Let’s check them out!
What Brings My Netgear Extender Not Working Condition?
- Probability are either port, internal hardware, or extender’s antennas gets damaged.
- Ensure the antennas connected to your wireless range extender are not loose and correctly attached.
- Your home WiFi router and Negear extender are facing compatibility issue with each other.
- Might be the Ethernet cable connected in-between your cable modem and the router is cracked.
- Improper new extender setup can also consider as the factor behind the Netgear extender not working issue.
- Your Netgear WiFi range extender is running an outdated firmware version.
- Maybe your wireless devices are getting affected due to radio interference caused by various devices like baby monitors, televisions, cordless phones, microwaves, BlueTooth devices, etc.
- Might be you have placed your WiFi range extender behind the wardrobe or cupboard. Don’t hide the router and extender place it well-ventilated location.
How to Fix Netgear Extender Not Working Issue?
If you have followed all the adove-guided points and still you are facing the same issue, then you follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Begin with a simple reboot. Power off your WiFi extender, and then again power it on.
- If you have connected your home WiFi router to your WiFi extender wirelessly, then try to connect both of them via an Ethernet cable.
- Last but not the least, reconfigure your WiFi range extender. For this, it’s good if you consider once, as resetting your wireless range extender to default settings will clear off all your customized settings. Therefore, do it with help of someone’s guidence. In the coming article’s section we try our best to simplifiy the reset steps.
Steps to Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender
- Plug-in your WiFi range extender to an electric power outlet.
- With the help of a paper pin clip, press the reset button present at the side or back panel of the WiFi range extender.
- Wait until the all the LEDs turn to solid green or stop blinking.
That’s it! Your WiFi range extender resets successfully. Now, it’s time to perform the Netgear extender setup again to ensure that the issue has been fixed or not.
Handy Steps to Perform Netgear Extender Setup
- Plug-in your Netgear WiFi range extender to an electric power outlet.
- Wait for a few minutes, let the power LED turns to solid green.
- Now, connect your WiFi range extender to router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Plug-in your home WiFi router to another electric power outlet.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the router.
- Run any of your favorite web browsers, and then visit www.mywifiext.net web page.
- You will land on the mywifiext login web page.
- Enter the default Netgear extender username and password.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your home WiFi router.
- Once done, hit on the ‘Save’ button.
That’s it! You are done here with the complete Netgear WiFi extender setup. Unplug your WiFi range extender and place it to a new location. Connect your desktop to it to test the Internet connection.
Important Note: Users using a MAC desktop are suggested to access mywifiext local web page to access the Netgear extender setup login page.
Still struggling? Well, might be the problem seems complex!
Get expert’s help. Feel free to share with us the problem in comments. We will try to respond you back with the handy solutions to fix your Netgear extender complex problems.