Solved: Netgear Router WiFi Keeps Dropping Issue
Netgear routers are one of the developing routers, but still, sometimes, many users all around the globe face various technical glitches while using the Netgear WiFi router. Network dropping is one of the most common problems in the routers. The user fails to access the router during this error.
The Netgear router network drop problem can occur because of many reasons. But in most of the cases, it took place due to some hardware problem. If you are facing the issue, then you do not need to be panic about this.
Here in this particular blog section, we provide two easy and effective method to fix this problem.
- Netgear WiFi router firmware update
- Network driver update
Solution 1: Netgear WiFi Router Firmware Update
The problem of network dropping WiFi connection can be easily fixed by just Netgear Router Firmware Update.
- Connect your Netgear router with your desktop or laptop with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Once connected, open your preferred web browser from your connected desktop or laptop with the router.
- Now visit the routerlogin.net web page. Once you visit this site, you will be prompted to the Netgear router login page. Mention the login credentials i.e., default Netgear router login credentials
Note: If you have forgotten the login ID and password, try to reset your Netgear router either via hard or soft reset.
- Now tap on the advanced option and then select the Administration settings tab.
- Select the Firmware update or router update button and tap on the Check button.
- Wait for few minutes and let the router check for the new available firmware update.
- If any new update available, click on the Yes button.
How to perform Hard Reset the Netgear Router?
- For hard reset all, you just need a paper pin or similar pointed object.
- Find the reset button on the Netgear router device once you find out push the paper pin inside the reset hole.
- Hold the paper pin for about 4-5 seconds. Once all the LEDs start blinking up, pull out the paper pin.
- Leave the router for a few minutes and let the LEDs got stable.
- Reconfigure your Netgear router: Run any web browser, and then enter the Netgear router default IP in the address bar to visit Netgear router setup page.
Now check whether the network drop issue is fixed or not. If still, you stuck with the same problem, you do not need to worry. Follow our second solution.
Solution 2: Network Driver Update
Sometimes the network drop issue arises due to network driver glitch. So in this section, we will tell you the best method to fix the Netgear driver issue. So you should go for a network driver update to fix out this situation. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the WiFi and LAN network driver.
- Firstly go to the Taskbar and then tap on the Search box. Write “Device Manager” in the search box. Tap on the “Device Manager” option.
- Choose the category to find out the device names. Right-click on the device that you are looking for an update.
- Choose the Update Driver option and then tap on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete with the update procedure.
Bonus Tip: Try to keep your Netgear router firmware update, before performing the setup process.
If you are unable to find the latest available update, you should visit the network hardware manufacturer’s website. We hope that our article on Netgear Router WiFi dropping connection has helped you. Somehow, a few queries left in your mind? Feel free to share with us through comments.