WiFi Extender setup
Set Up Your WiFi Extender Easily
WiFi Range Extenders help in expanding the WiFi signals of already configured routers to help users enjoy internet throughout their homes. WiFi extenders not only improve WiFi coverage but also are a good option to turn dead zones into fun zones. However, for this, it is important to set up an extender in a proper manner. This page covers, complete guide on how to set up a WiFi extender using mywifiext. Continue reading!
What is Mywifiext.net?
Mywifiext.net is the default web address given to set up a WiFi range extender. You can also use this web address to log in to your extender and make changes to its settings. However, for that, you need to first configure the device using proper steps. Here is how you can set up your WiFi range extender using mywifiext.net.
Steps to Get Extender Setup Success
- Unwrap your WiFi extender and connect the antennas (if available).
- Now, place the extender in the same room where your router is already configured. You can, however, change the location of your extender after completing the new extender setup process.
- Establish a firm connection between your router and extender by connecting both the devices with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Power up the extender and let the LED lights on it change to green.
- Now, get access to your computer or laptop and launch a web browser on it.
Note: WiFi extender setup supportexs the use of all web browsers. So, you can use any web browser you want. However, make sure the one you use is running the latest software version and is free of the junk of cache and cookies.
- Type the default web address into the address field of your web browser and press the Enter key.
- Completion of this particular step will allow you to access the new extender setup page.
- Reaching here, you will be requested to create your account.
- So, do the same using your email ID and other necessary details.
- Once done with creating your account, click Continue.
- You will be directed to the login page of your extender.
- Fill your default username and password into the given fields and click Log In.
- The BASIC Home screen will display.
Follow the instructions revealing on-screen and complete the new WiFi extender setup process using mywifiext.net.
Can’t Access Genie Smart Setup Wizard?
Users often come to us with a question that why they can’t access the Genie Smart setup wizard. If you are also struggling with the same, below is the list of various troubleshooting tips that can help you get success with the extender setup process. Here they are:
Check Device Connectivity
You may not be able to access the Genie smart setup wizard and install your extender if the connectivity between your extender and router is improper. Thus, confirm whether both your devices are connected properly. If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your devices, it must not be damaged from anywhere.
Keep WiFi Interference Away
It has been found that users can’t access Genie smart setup wizard because of the closeness of their extenders to the devices creating WiFi interference. Hence, make sure your extender is not placed closer to Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, cellular phones, etc.
Hiding your WiFi extender setup inside a cabinet or under a table can also stop you from accessing the dashboard of your range extender. Bear in mind to place your extender in the central area of your home and that too in open. While changing the location of your device, also make sure it is within the range of your WiFi router.
Wrong Web/Login Details
Have you cross-checked the web address and login details of your WiFi extender after entering them into their respective fields? No? Well, do it now! A single mistake in the web address and login details of your WiFi extender can stop you from accessing the BASIC Home screen.
Update Web Browser
Use of an outdated web browser may also be one of the reasons why you are unable to access the BASIC Home screen. Thus, it is suggested to update your current internet browser to the latest software version.
New Extender Setup ad Login – Different Methods
Mywifiext web address is not the only way you can use to set up and log in to your WiFi range extender. You can also install your WiFi extender with the help of the default IP and using the app. Apart from that if you are making use a MAC or an iOS device to get the new extender setup job done, then try using mywifiext.local to complete the process. WPS method is also available to help you make your WiFi extender up and running and start enjoying internet in any corner of your home.
Common Issues While Doing New Extender Setup
Users get various issues while doing a new extender setup. A few of the most common issues faced by users are as follows:
- Server not found
- Extender connected but no internet
- Mywifiext page cannot be found
- WiFi extender SSID not showing up
- Incorrect username and password
- IP conflict while new extender setup
- WiFi extender keeps disconnecting
Get solutions to all WiFi extender setup problems in an instant. Chat Now!